Types of Acne and Preventing Tips
Updated: Apr 25, 2018
Acne is a common problem for many individuals. It can cause severe embarrassment, and lack of self confident, but treatment is available, and it is effective in many cases. Identifying them first and treating them properly is the key for healthy looking skin.
There are 6 Types of Acne:
1.Whiteheads: These remain under the skin and are small.
2.Blackheads: Clearly visible, they are black and appear on the surface of the skin.
3.Papules: Small, usually pink bumps, these are visible on the surface of the skin.
4.Pustules: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and have pus at the top
5.Nobules: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are large, solid, painful pimples that are embedded deep in the skin.
6.Cysts: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful and filled with pus. Cysts can cause scars.
Prevention and Management Tips:
Here are some tips for looking after skin that has acne or is prone to it.
1. Wash your face no more than twice each day with warm water and mild soap made especially for acne.
2. Do not scrub the skin or burst the pimples, as this may push the infection further down, causing more blocking, swelling, and redness.
3. Avoid popping pimples, as this makes scarring likelier.
4. A specialist can treat a pimple that requires rapid removal for cosmetic reasons.
5. Refrain from touching the face.
6. Hold the telephone away from the face when talking, as it is likely to contain sebum and skin residue.
7. Wash hands frequently, especially before applying lotions, creams, or makeup.
8. Clean spectacles regularly as they collect sebum and skin residue.
9. If acne is on the back, shoulders, or chest, try wearing loose clothing to let the skin breathe. Avoid tight garments, such as headbands, caps, and scarves, or wash tem regularly if used.
10. Choose makeup for sensitive skin and avoid oil-based products. Remove makeup before sleeping.
11. Use an electric shaver or sharp safety razors when shaving. Soften the skin and beard with warm soapy water before applying shaving cream.
12. Keep hair clean, as it collects sebum and skin residue. Avoid greasy hair products, such as those containing cocoa butter.
13. Avoid excessive sun exposure, as it can cause the skin to produce more sebum. Several acne medications increase the risk of sunburn.
14. Avoid anxiety and stress, as it can increase production of cortisol and adrenaline, which exacerbate acne.
15. Try to keep cool and dry in hot and humid climates, to prevent sweating.
Make an appointment to learn more about natural ingredients that help improve acne prone skin.
try our natural or clinical acne treatment https://www.perfectbrowthreadingandspa.com/book-online